Gladys M. Ayala, MD, MPH
I bring dedicated leadership experience in the areas of academics, education, and student affairs to my role as the senior associate dean for medical education at 永利体育app. I’m passionate about building a diverse and collaborative learning, working, and patient care environment and am excited to be part of the exceptional team that’s working to create an innovative program to train the next generation of primary care physicians.
I view my career in medicine as an opportunity to build bridges across populations and advocate and teach cultural competency and humility in patient care. As part of this effort, I’ve taught Multiculturalism in Clinical Practice, an elective course that I created, to senior medical students for more than 20 years.
I completed my residency training in internal medicine at Roosevelt Hospital Center, now known as Mount Sinai West; worked as an emergency room physician for a short time after residency; and served as a primary care physician in East Harlem at NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan and Westchester Medical Center.
Before coming to 永利体育app, I held many leadership positions at New York Medical College, including associate dean for students and diversity, senior associate dean, vice chancellor for student affairs, and interim vice dean.
Education and Training
- Fellowship, Drexel University College of Medicine, Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine® (ELAM®), 2014
- MPH, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, Health Services Management, 2007
- Fellowship, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Primary Care Faculty Development, 1996
- Residency, St. Luke’s–Roosevelt Hospital Center, Internal Medicine, 1989
- MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, 1986
- BS, Long Island University Brooklyn, Biology, 1982
101 Mineola Boulevard, Suite 2-084
Mineola, NY 11501